Webteam: June 2016
Wimborne's Folk Festival Weekend
11th & 12th June 2016
The Folk Festival takes place over the second week of June each year. The town is packed with colourful dancers, musicians, street market stalls and onlookers! The Methodist church takes an active part in these festivities, with stalls and refreshments, and weather permitting, an ecumenical outdoor service on-the Minster Green on Sunday.
The following pictures give you a flavour of the whole weekend, both on the church premises and in the town:
- Cake Stall — always very popular and which sells out quickly!
- Refreshments all day long — morning coffee, light lunches and afternoon teas
- To celebrate the Queen's 90th Birthday, the minister and her helpers gave away copies of the book 'The Servant Queen and the King she serves'
- The Litter Pickers calling in for their tea break!
- 'Oil and Water' — a community art group — displaying their work in the sanctuary
- The Morris Dancers
- Wimborne Militia
Unfortunately, the Sunday service had to be held in the Minster because of inclement weather!
To see more photographs, please look at the Gallery
You may also be interested in
The three month long refurbishment at Wimborne is drawing to a close, with just some furniture to arrive! Some 'before' and 'after' pictures are included here.We are currently busy preparing for our Anniversary Weekend when we will be celebrating 50 years in the current church building. We have a weekend full of activities:On Friday 29 September, we will be hosting a...
The congregation at Wimborne celebrated Harvest by donating fresh produce, tins and packets. Traditional displays of fruit and vegetables, including a novel 'flower' arrangement made from fruit, were on show, alongside items for the Food Bank, which have been taken to the Wimborne Food Bank Centre this week.After the service, conducted by Revd Gwyneth Owen, the fruit and vegetables were...
Click on the poster for a clearer...
Verwood Memorial Hall