Webteam: June 2016
Wimborne's Folk Festival Weekend
11th & 12th June 2016
The Folk Festival takes place over the second week of June each year. The town is packed with colourful dancers, musicians, street market stalls and onlookers! The Methodist church takes an active part in these festivities, with stalls and refreshments, and weather permitting, an ecumenical outdoor service on-the Minster Green on Sunday.
The following pictures give you a flavour of the whole weekend, both on the church premises and in the town:
- Cake Stall — always very popular and which sells out quickly!
- Refreshments all day long — morning coffee, light lunches and afternoon teas
- To celebrate the Queen's 90th Birthday, the minister and her helpers gave away copies of the book 'The Servant Queen and the King she serves'
- The Litter Pickers calling in for their tea break!
- 'Oil and Water' — a community art group — displaying their work in the sanctuary
- The Morris Dancers
- Wimborne Militia
Unfortunately, the Sunday service had to be held in the Minster because of inclement weather!
To see more photographs, please look at the Gallery
You may also be interested in
Woodlands Methodist ChurchWorship For You May 6th at 6.00 pm"SHAVUOT"led by Pastor Jenny YatesFollowed by Tea/Coffee and CakeAll...
Woodlands Methodist Church invite you to a Hymn Sing-In, led by Mr Hugh Ashley, formerly of Radio Solent.Friday 18th May at 7.30 pm, followed by tea/coffee & biscuits.Everyone very...
We had a beautiful sunny day when twenty of us gathered for our away day on 14th April at the beautiful premises at Holtwood Methodist Church. We began with refreshments and some fun games. Then we spent some time discussing our aim and values, focusing on our four key values of; caring, embracing, challenging and giving. Lunch was provided for us by Holtwood — we are very grateful for...
Wesley Hall, Wimborne Methodist Church
Holtwood Methodist Church
Verwood United Reformed Church
Trinity Centre, Ringwood