Webteam: June 2016
Wimborne's Folk Festival Weekend
11th & 12th June 2016
The Folk Festival takes place over the second week of June each year. The town is packed with colourful dancers, musicians, street market stalls and onlookers! The Methodist church takes an active part in these festivities, with stalls and refreshments, and weather permitting, an ecumenical outdoor service on-the Minster Green on Sunday.
The following pictures give you a flavour of the whole weekend, both on the church premises and in the town:
- Cake Stall — always very popular and which sells out quickly!
- Refreshments all day long — morning coffee, light lunches and afternoon teas
- To celebrate the Queen's 90th Birthday, the minister and her helpers gave away copies of the book 'The Servant Queen and the King she serves'
- The Litter Pickers calling in for their tea break!
- 'Oil and Water' — a community art group — displaying their work in the sanctuary
- The Morris Dancers
- Wimborne Militia
Unfortunately, the Sunday service had to be held in the Minster because of inclement weather!
To see more photographs, please look at the Gallery
You may also be interested in
The Link meeting atHorton Heath Methodist Church HallBurts LaneThursday 30th November 7.30pmA talk byMr Michael JohnsonRetired Dorset CoronerPlease note The Link "Carols by Candle Light" will be on the 14th December at...
ADVENT GROUP AT THE WIMBORNE MANSEWhen?Fridays 1,8,15,22 December (22nd will be party night)Time? 7 p.m.-8.30 p.m.What?1st The Backdrop 8th The Players15th The Story22nd The Interval!"The Christmas story unwrapped" Click on the image !Anyone who is interested can email via the...
Circuit Lunch and Prayer Meetingto launch our new Circuit Mission Statementwith fellowship, food, celebration and prayerSaturday 6 January 201812.00 -3.00 pm, Trinity Centre, RingwoodPlease sign at your local church for lunch.All...
Horton Heath Church Hall
Verwood Methodist Church
Woodlands Village Hall