Revd Martin Keenan can also be contacted on 01425 612510
Welcome to Milford on Sea Methodist Church
The Methodist Church at Milford on Sea has only been in existence since 1961 but its origins date back to 1909 and the Church building back to 1911.
In 1909, a small group of members under the leadership of Mr. T. Hames and Mr. C. Spreadbury broke away from the Milford on Sea Baptist Church to form the Milford on Sea Free Church. Their initial meetings were held behind 22 High Street, Milford on Sea but in 1911 they moved to the current Church building at 108 High Street, Milford on Sea when it opened. The building comprised a Church with a Schoolroom behind it and vestry, kitchen and toilet.
Over the years there have been numerous changes to the building with the most recent being the refurbishment project that was concluded in 2011 so that we now have a building that is fit for purpose.
In January 2016 the Lymington Methodist Church merged with Milford on Sea which substantially increased the membership and the opportunities for witness and service both within the church and in the local community. We work closely with the other churches in Milford at events such as the services on the Village Green on Good Friday and at Christmas late night shopping and at the annual Milford on Sea Arts & Music Festival. We also hold services at each village church during the Christians Together week and run ecumenical "late Lent" groups in the autumn.